Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting Ready...

So, school orientation is Tuesday evening, and the first day of class in Thursday. I am incredibly nervous, but so excited at the same time.

True, this is my second year as a teacher, but this is the first time I have taken a brand new class. When I started last year, it was in November. Due to personal reasons the teacher left and I stepped in. Since it was so late in the year, the class was already established and I really had no problem with a routine, rules, and what not.

But this year I am starting from total scratch...

I know all will go great though. With a lot of prayer, I know that the LORD can help me overcome any obstacle that comes about.

The first few classes will be the first test. I will have to help these kids feel secure enough to leave their parents for a few hours. It will also be a time of learning for them to get along with the other children, as well as obedience to the teacher.  That means the first few classes will be dedicated to establishing a routine where the children will feel comfortable with me, and each other.

Once I feel that the kids have settled into a regular routine, the work of letter and number learning will begin.

Our curriculum is Abeka. Let me tell you just how much I love the setup it gives. It has set up for each day what you should focus on. Which makes my job of preparing, fairly easy. And I just adore how it gives so many options of presenting the material in the best way possible for that age group, in the form of playtime.

I hope to share what I have planned for the first day later this week. The Abeka curriculum has shared some wonderful ideas, that I can not wait to use. I also want to share with you my classroom, and a few other little things sometime this week. Until then...

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Miss Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment